Rika, a wonderful baker and cake decorator, recommended this recipe from Tasty.com. If she likes it, you can be sure it is delicious!
for six servings
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, add the bananas and mash until smooth. Add in the melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Add the sugar, egg, vanilla baking soda, salt, and flour, and stir until the batter is smooth.
- Add in the chocolate chips and pour the batter into a greased loaf pan. Top with additional chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before serving.